Looking for a new job can be a daunting experience. The better prepared you are the smoother the process will go. We believe in giving you all the tools needed to be successful in your search so we have provided some information for you to review before applying.
The first step in any job search is to ensure you have a great resume which is a reflection of you and your accomplishments. Your resume should include:
- All of your contact information clearly displayed at the top of the document.
- A list of all of the positions you have held with the title of your position, your job duties and the length of time you held this position.
- All of your education accomplishments.
- Be sure to spell check and ensure the resume is formatted in an easy to read fashion.
- Be certain to gear your resume to the position of interest.
- Once your interview has been scheduled, map out the location the night before and determine how long the trip will take to ensure you are there on time.
- Dress professionally – you can only make one first impression.
- Bring a copy of your resume and references and know what is on it.
- Prepare the night before by researching the company and have good questions.
- Have examples of the experiences you have encountered throughout your career.
- Smile – we don’t bite.